Re: Gnus: a mkgnus script

Hi,
>>"Jason" == Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca> writes:

 Jason> On 10 Aug 1998, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

 >> I though I would share this with people. Do you think that
 >> this deserves to be a separate package?

 Jason> Maybe what is more appropriate is something similar to what is
 Jason> done with netscape, x and others, make an APT compatible .deb
 Jason> repository for that one package. You run a script on master to
 Jason> download and compile gnus and then use APT to keep uptodate
 Jason> with the .deb.

	Umm, I have no interest in providing a continuosly updated set
 of .deb files; I prefer enabling people to fish, rather than
 providing them with fish forever ;-).

	Someone else is welcome to take up the task, however.

	I think I shall create a separate package, called
 gnus-package, and renae the script make-gnus, and distribute it, juas
 as I do kernel-package.

	Any objections?

	manoj
--
 1st graffitiist: QUESTION AUTHORITY!  2nd graffitiist: Why?