Re: Package maintainer script policy.

Hi,
>>"Raul" == Raul Miller <rdm@test.legislate.com> writes:

 >> How many people actually understand what ${1+"$@"} does, really?

 Raul> Interesting question.  I thought it meant exactly the same thing
 Raul> as "$@".  Why?

	No, for then one would use "$@". (Consider the case when there
 are no positional parameter). The ${1+"$@"} device is used to pass
 command  line (positional) parameters to sub-shells. (The UNIX
 programming environment is a good reference, if I recall correctly [I
 have lent out my copy])

	I mentioned this since lots of people may not know how to
 correctly pass command line parameters to an executable called from
 withing a shell script.

	May I rest my case?

	manoj
--
 "I couldn't remember things until I took that Sam Carnegie course."
 Bill Peterson, former Houston Oiler football coach