Re: blas, lapack, slatec,scalapack

treacy>They should be separate. I was hoping one of the versions of optimized
treacy>BLAS would develop sufficiently to replace the compiled version before
treacy>making them separate packages. They aren't developing very quickly though.

	The free one looks like its going slowly.  I downloaded it and
built it, its three or four routines, blas level 1 .  Is this all there is
to level 1 ?
	The non-free project prohibits redistribution, so we can't even
put it in non-free.

	I have looked at slatec . But it seems to requre blas and blacs
and and || package like pvm .  Its a mess .  I got blacs to build , but
only after installing pvm3-dev .    slatec will build , but the test
programs won't build yet-- problem with trailing underscores when mixing C
and Fortran.  I really don't have the patience or desire to finish this
probably, but if someone wants to do it, you can have my notes and diffs.

	John

John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>