Re: blas, lapack, slatec,scalapack

> On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, Jose Marin wrote:
>
> jose>1)  http://cip.physik.uni-wuerzburg.de/~mlkessle/blas1.html
> jose>
> jose>2)  http://www.cs.utk.edu/~ghenry/distrib/
>
> 	Thanks , I'll save these.  Lapack is not really being actively
> maintaned now.  Maybe we can have free and non-free optimized packages.

I plead guilty. The problem is the !@%^^&(#$ web pages are taking too much time.
There are a few things I'd like to finish before I retire from the position of
webmaster. Then I'll have time to devote to something serious again (although
important, the web pages are not technically challenging).

> jose>Do you mean that the current lapack package in Debian bundles the blas
> jose>inside lapack2.a? In that case I'd agree that it's better to have them
> jose>separate. Otherwise, how could one use the lapack and one of the above
> jose>assembler blas?

They should be separate. I was hoping one of the versions of optimized
BLAS would develop sufficiently to replace the compiled version before
making them separate packages. They aren't developing very quickly though.

Jay Treacy