Re: dpkg-source and bzip2

On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, Lalo Martins wrote:

: What are the thoughts about supporting .orig.tar.bz2 files? As
: the maintainer of FreeCiv (which is distributed as .tar.bz2
: optionally) I would appreciate this a lot...

I missed the beginning of this discussion, unless this is the beginning

Are you advocating packaging source as orig.tar.gz AND orig.tar.bz2, or
are you advocating bz2 OVER gz?  The former burns up disk space which
many of our mirrors don't have an abundance of; the latter may
irritate some users.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104