PCMCIA not working in 2.0.10_1998-07-21 install disks!

Package: boot-floppies
Version: 2.0.10_1998-07-21
Severity: Critical

 I've decided to burn the Windows95 partition on my laptop. :-)

 So, I downloaded the newest `hamm' boot disks, the tecra fast ones.
 During the install, I selected the option to configure PCMCIA
 support.  Nothing seems to happen.  If I go to the second console,
 and type `lsmod', it's blank.  The last set of boot floppies I had
 worked; I was able to get to my LAN from the install setup.

 I cannot restore the afio backup I made of my system without
 PCMCIA!!!  It's way too big for a Zip disk; it took an hour to run
 the backup across my cheapernet 10Mbps 8bit LAN.

 I will download the older set, and try them.

 I also noticed a display glitch; where a long dialog box leaves a big
 turd over on the right edge of the screen; it's not erased all the
 way and turned blue again when the dialog goes away.  That's during
 network configuration, where it also gives an error mess that isn't
 erased either.  That error mess ought to be in the log, rather than
 scribbled on the dialog screen.

--
mailto:karlheg@inetarena.com (Karl M. Hegbloom)
http://www.inetarena.com/~karlheg