Re: RFC: gnupg

On Jul 05, Zed Pobre <zed@moebius.interdestination.net> wrote:

 >    There's at least one, and that is the absolute lack of support for
 >the RSA and IDEA algorithms.  Yes, I know they're encumbered.  They're
There is full support for RSA and IDEA, you just have to compile the
modules and put that in your options file:

load-extension idea
load-extension rsa

Right now RSA clearsigning does not works, but I think this will be
fixed in a future release.

 >    If I'm forced to generate a gpg key to sign packages for Debian,
 >it'll get generated for signing only (assuming gpg supports that), and
It does.

And you CAN sign your ElGamal/DSS key with your old RSA keys, it's the
first thing I did after generating my key. (But looks like there is some
bug, because this key can't be imported by another person.)

--
ciao,
Marco