Re: non-free and "cd-ok", again

> Note that until the kde license gets sorted out, kde (which is GPL'd and
> is currently in contrib) has distribution restrictions when combined
> with qt (which is currently the only way to build binaries, which is
> the reason kde is in contrib in the first place).

Those ``distribution restrictions'' boil down to us having no legal right to
distribute them at all AFAICS.

Until the KDE folks come up with an alternative licence, that does not have
the GPL's ``right to modify'' clause in it, we should not even be offering
KDE binaries on the ftp servers, let alone on CD.

Otherwise, we could be accused of having given someone the right
to modify Qt, which is not ours to give.

Cheers, Phil.