Re: libc6_2.0.7r-3 considered harmful

Dale Scheetz wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Jul 1998, Sudhakar Chandrasekharan wrote:
> > I upgraded this morning and my hamm installation is unusable.  I cannot
> > boot into it.  What should I do?  Reinstall?
> No need.
>
> Reboot a rescue floppy.
>
> Mount the "hosed" root filesystem.
>
> mv /mnt/etc/ld.so.preload /mnt/etc/ld.so.preload.hold
>
> Reboot system. (without boot floppy ;-)

Thanks everybody for helping me out.  I literally kissed my monitor when I
saw my good 'ol prompt.   I had never realized that I had grown to love
Linux so much. ;-)

Support such as the one I got for this problem (and various other problems
in the past) renews my belief that Linux and Debian are The Right Things.

Thaths
--
"Any red-blooded, flag-fearing American would love the M-320. Celebrate
  the independence of your nation by blowing up a small part of it."