Re: libc6_2.0.7r-3 considered harmful

Philip Hands wrote:
> check if you have a non-empty /etc/ld.so.preload
>
>   cat /target/etc/ld.so.preload
>
> if so, either move it or remove it:
>
>   mv /target/etc/ld.so.preload /target/etc/diasbled-ld.so.preload
>
> sync the disk, unmount it, and reboot:

Thanks for all the offers of help guys.  But before trying the method
out I have a question.

r.c.m.derooij@twi.tudelft.nl (Ruud de Rooij) had originally written -

> If people have libnfslock installed, or have created an /etc/ld.so.preload
> file themselves, upgrading to libc6_2.0.7r-3 (which is currently in hamm)
> will leave their system in an unbootable and unusable state because every
> executable on the system (except things like sash) will segfault.

The problem in my case is almost definitely libnfslock.  I never created
ld.so.preload  I am almost entirely certain that I had libnfslock
installed.

Would the solutions suggested by Philip Hand or Gergely Madarasz still
work?  Or should I try Martin Schulze's solution?

Thanks.

Thaths