Re: apt as dftp replacement ?

On Thu, Jul 02, 1998 at 05:23:35PM +0200, Gregor Hoffleit wrote:
> Sorry, I'm too lazy to work through all of apt, perhaps somebody else has
> tried this: Is it possible to use apt as replacement for dftp's offline
> feature ?

If this option is not in apt (and I think it isn't there), please
add it. A lot of people like me with slow home connections and fast
work ones really need it. Ciao,

> At home, I've a slow and expensive modem connection therefore, I'd like
> to run apt on a machine in the department and take the cache of updates
> home on a zip. AFAICS, this might be possible with apt if I manage to
> configure apt to use two different databases: one for the machine it's
> installed on and another one for my home machine.

* Federico DI Gregorio ** GCS/S/>L d- s:>:+ a26 C++ UL++ P+++ L*+++>$ D *
*   <fog@debian.org>   ** W+>++ N+ o? !K w--->!$ O M- V-- PS+(+++) PE(--)
*   Debian Developer   ** Y+(-)(+)(-)... PGP+ s+ 5- X+++ R*<+(+++) b+++ *