Star Office again

I just found that I run into several problems with this. I'm only connected
via a slow modem, so I cannot access the internet not quite as frequently as
I'd like. In particular I cannot download the english version. I only have
the german one. But to make an installer I would need the file names and
some files from that version.

Also it simply cannot be installed like a normal package since the setup
program needs X to run. That is on a fresh install user will almost surely
run into trouble.

Finally I wonder where we could put it in the menu hierarchy. There are no
seperate programs for word processing, spreadsheet, etc. There's just one
doing it all.

Unless I find a good solution for these problems, I back off from my
intend-to-create.

I know why I prefer (and keep on doing so) writing my letters with lyx. But
it's better to user SO to read/write word files, then booting to M$.

Michael

--
Dr. Michael Meskes		meskes@online-club.de, meskes@debian.org
Go SF49ers! Go Rhein Fire!	Use Debian GNU/Linux!