My BitFontEdit as a Debian Package

I'm the author of the BitFontEdit "package" which I wrote 10 years ago.
Only the original version with no name (directory is TermFonts) is still
on the net in a few obscure locations.  I want to get the improved
version back on the net (my free website closed) and thought that one way
to do this is to make it into a Debian package.

BitFontEdit allows one to create fonts from scratch for dumb terminals.
It is really just some filters.  One creates a text file (in the format I
specify) using any editor and "draws" the characters they want using the *
character for each pixel.  Then you run this file thru my filter and get
the soft-font which may be downloaded to a terminal.  It supports both the
Wyse and VT (Dec) type of softfont.  I started to modify it so it would
also do X-Windows font, but I think that there is already such a program.

There is another filter to convert soft-font into the * type "drawings".
Using this one may edit existing soft-font.  At one time I was hoping to
extend it a cover some dot-matrix printers.  As a Debian package, I'm
also hoping that someone will find it and perhaps develop it further.
What do you think?  Since I wrote the code and some documentation on how
to use it, it shouldn't be too hard to package it for Debian (or will it
be?).

I'm also the author of Text-Terminal-HOWTO.  A web-site specializing in
terminals was going to make BitFontEdit available, but so far nothing has
happened.