Re: ircII is now free.

On Tue, Jun 09, 1998 at 02:05:45AM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:

On the subject of ircII, thanks David, your effort is GREATLY appreciated.

> > > RedHat for one doesn't care for this, so I think it's one of the
> > > examples of what Debian is doing for Free Software with its
> > > clear and visible ideological organization.
> >
> > Well, except for the fact that they are pumping 1000's of dollars into
> > Gnome development instead of taking the easy way out and paying
> > troll-tech...
>
> ... and receiving much complaints by the KDE people ... as
> recently shown at Linux Kongress in Cologne...

I don't see how the KDE people have much right to complain.  1. It's
RedHat's money.  2. If they really have a problem with not getting money
from Redhat, they could start porting their Qt stuff to gtk and helping the
project to make gtk-- better.

I still think that KDE has all the right in the world to exist and under the
GPL license too (though it's apparent now that the KDE people need to
specify along with the GPL that they allow the linking of Qt in order for
them to be on the most solid legal footing)