Re: ircII is now free.

[not Cc'ed to the bug tracking system for what I hope are obvious
 reasons :)]

On Mon, Jun 08, 1998 at 10:50:56AM -0700, David Welton wrote:
> Ok, after a lot of emailing, ircII-current has the following license:
> (from ircii.warped.com/pub/ircII/ircii-current/ircii/doc)
>
> [...license deleted...]
>
> This is the BSD license minus the advertising clause.
> This means that ircII, epic, epic4, tkirc and bitchx can stay in main.

*applause*

David, thankyou *very* much for doing this!

I wonder if we'd like to make a press release about this? Initial
sentiment on the IRC channel is quite positive, but I thought I'd
ask here as well. In particular, David are you happy for this to
happen?

Cheers,
aj, who wonders if SPI are willing to shell out for a beer or two
    for things like this, and who thinks they should be. :)

      ``It's not a vision, or a fear. It's just a thought.''