Re: problem with dselect and the "dists" hierarchy

In article <[🔎] 87pvgr8bap.fsf@tiamat.datasync.com> you wrote:

: 	Personally, I have stopped using all the dselect methods in
:  favour of the apt method for dselect.

Absolutely!

We've put apt on every machine in sight, and it's amazing how much different
dselect seems with apt-get layered between it and dpkg.  The UI is still
unpleasant at times, but dselect/apt is fundamentally different/better than
dselect without apt in the minds of everyone I know that has tried it...

I am including the apt packages on all the CD's I cut for friends... I hope
it (if not all of experimental) can be somewhere on the official images...

Bdale