Re: Hamm install on laptop

On Fri, 5 Jun 1998, Steve Tonnesen wrote:

> I'm getting unresolved symbol errors when cardmgr tries to insmod the
> 3c589_cs module for my 3Com PCMCIA ethernet card.  Is this a problem with
> the boot disks, and/or is there a solution for this?  The laptop is an AST
> Ascentia J series, and the card is a 3C589C.

This was just reported a while ago on debian-testing by
stephen.p.ryan@dartmouth.edu, I don't know if he had a solution, but he
filed a bug report and the boot disks maintainers follow the list and
therefore well aware of the problem.  Check on 2.0.7 due in incoming next
week.

Brandon

-----
Brandon Mitchell <bhmit1@mail.wm.edu>   "We all know linux is great... it
PGP: finger -l bhmit1@cs.wm.edu          does infinite loops in 5 seconds"
Phone: (757) 596-5550                      --Linus Torvalds
Debian Testing Group status: http://bhmit1.home.ml.org/deb/