Re: Debian Re-organization proposals

knghtbrd@earthlink.net (Rev. Joseph Carter)  wrote on 03.06.98 in <[🔎] 19980603202844.B18022@earthlink.net>:

> On Wed, Jun 03, 1998 at 12:59:50PM -0500, Stephen Carpenter wrote:
> > > No, because democracy is inefficient in our case.
> >=20
> > I would go a step further and say democracy is always inefficient, in
> > fact it is "inefficiant by design"
>
> Indeed, there is a reason why in the US a republic was formed by our
> founding fathers and not a democracy.  How things have shifted I don't know,

Please let's stop throwing undefined buzzwords around. That doesn't get us
anywhere.

It's completely unimportant if Debian "is a democracy" (or a republic) or
not. There are lots of those around, and no two are similar. Let's talk
concrete procedures, if we want to talk about this at all (and frankly,
I'd think the constitution has seen enough discussion).

Stop throwing all those straw men around, please. It's completely
pointless.

MfG Kai