Re: Debian Re-organization proposals (was: Re: so what?)

On Wed, Jun 03, 1998 at 12:59:50PM -0500, Stephen Carpenter wrote:
> > No, because democracy is inefficient in our case.
>
> I would go a step further and say democracy is always inefficient, in
> fact it is "inefficiant by design"

Indeed, there is a reason why in the US a republic was formed by our
founding fathers and not a democracy.  How things have shifted I don't know,
but they feared anything resembling a democracy (cf. The Federalist Papers)
for the same reasons why our government is as it is today.

A republic would be a better choice.  I am however just one voice and one
choice, so I kinda don't suspect these opinions to change the course of
Debian.

I do think however that now is a bad time to discuss it in detail.  Right
now hamm is more important because the uses are more important than our
squabbles over political structure.