Re: library missing in 2.0.6 (was Re: INSTALLATION REPORT)

On Thu, Jun 04, 1998 at 09:55:53AM +0100, Enrique Zanardi wrote:
> I would prefer someone doing a NMU of qftp recompiled with libstdc. It's
> not nice to have both c++ libs in the base system.
That's what I prefer too.

> > Even better include a fixed version of the disks
> > method of dpkg, handling the (not really new anymore) debian archive
> > structure.
>
> Is anyone working on a NMU of dpkg that fixes that bug? I can delay the
> new release until those (dpkg and qftp) NMUs are done, and use them.

I will be out of town from Friday evening to Sunday. I'll hereby announce
the intention to make a non-maintainer upload of qftp, recompiled with
libstd++2.8 and of dpkg where nothing is changed except the paths in the
disk and to upload these either until Friday 13:00 (GMT) or Sunday 23:00
(GMT) to incoming on master.

Objections, propositions anyone?

Btw: Am I right that C++ programs need to be compiled with egcs for debian
now?

Nils

| Quotes from the net:  L> Linus Torvalds, W> Winfried Truemper               |
| L>this is the special easter release of linux, more mundanely called 1.3.84 |
| W>Umh, oh. What do you mean by "special easter release"?. Will it quit      |
* W>working today and rise on easter?                                         *