first package

hi,

today i tried to build my first debian package but run immidiatly in
an error. i did (nearly ;-) everything as told by the script 'making a
debian package' but after the command build i got the messages:
	no utmp entry available, using value of LOGNAME ("mdt") at /usr/lib/dpkg/controllib.pl line 16.
	parsechangelog/debian: error: badly formatted heading line, at changelog line 1
	dpkg-buildpackage: unable to determine source package
one problem i have is, that i programmed the package myself and there
was a warning to set DESTDIR in the makefile. in the script is written
that i have to set it to debian/tmp if it's available. i just wrote
the makefile, so it's not but deb-make asks for it. what shall i do &
what is it for?
next i don't understand the first error of build. is it the problem of
the libc6-utmp change - wasn't there something?
but the second error seems to be more serious. in line 1 of my
changelogfile is nothing wrong compared to the script. it just says:
	z (1.0-1) unstable; urgency=low
(my package is called 'z' for now) is the name a problem (too short)?

best regards,
	michael
--
see header