Re: mirror-2.9 released, and hopefully DFSG compliant

> A new mirror_2.9-1 is now on master. The copyright has changed (see below),
> and should be fine with us. Or is the 'changes must be distributed as
> patches' policy too restrictive for us?
>
> So here's the copyright:
>

>    Copyright _ 1990 - 1998 Lee McLoughlin
>
>    Permission to use, copy, and distribute this software and its
>    documentation for any purpose with or without fee is hereby granted,
>    provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that
>    both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in
>    supporting documentation.
>
>    Permission to modify the software is granted, but not the right to
>    distribute the modified code. Modifications are to be distributed as
>    patches to released version.

I know perl isn't usually compiled, but as far as I see, it doesn't allow
us to distribute a compiled version of mirror (at least not a compiled
version of a patched mirror). DFSG does say `changes as patches' is allowed,
but we do have to be able to distribute binaries compiled from modified
sources. (whether we actually choose to distribute those binaries is
a different issue altogether -- we just have to be allowed to do so).