Re: dictd and wordnet

Hi,

> >      The old WordNet packages used usr/lib/wordnet/dict/.  I believe
> This seemed me a bad choice and so I wanted to change it.

     I agree.  It seems undesirable to create a directory with nothing
in it but a subdirectory, if there is no expectation of adding more
files or directories to it.

> > either /usr/lib/dict/ or /usr/lib/dict/wordnet/ (since wordnet installs
> The last choice /usr/lib/dict/wordnet is possibly the best one in my
> opinion.

     Agreed.

> Hmm, so we should think about using /usr/share from the beginning because
> hamm is frozen and will not contain wordnet ( :-( ) and 2.1 will
> move to FHS.
>
> That would mean that the wordnet dictionaries should go into
>   /usr/share/dict/wordnet
> right?

     I think so.  However I haven't heard any policy statements about
how to implement the FHS, so I don't know if its appropriate to start
doing this now.  Maybe someone more knowledgeable will comment on this.

Bob
--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard    <hilliard@flinet.com>