Re: dictd and wordnet

On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, Bob Hilliard wrote:

>      I'm also a new maintainer, and dictd is my first package, so it's
> doubtful that I could give you much help, but I'll be glad to try if
> you have problems.  You should subscribe to debian-mentors, if you
> haven't already.  A number of very experienced developers read that
> list and are very quick to respond with helpful answers.
OK, I'll do that.

>      The old WordNet packages used usr/lib/wordnet/dict/.  I believe
This seemed me a bad choice and so I wanted to change it.

> either /usr/lib/dict/ or /usr/lib/dict/wordnet/ (since wordnet installs
The last choice /usr/lib/dict/wordnet is possibly the best one in my
opinion.

> about 25 files, it could justify its own subdirectory) would be
> appropriate.  As far as I can see, all three of these choices would
> conform to the FSSTND.  When we move to the FHS, I believe they would
> go into /usr/share.
Hmm, so we should think about using /usr/share from the beginning because
hamm is frozen and will not contain wordnet ( :-( ) and 2.1 will
move to FHS.

That would mean that the wordnet dictionaries should go into
  /usr/share/dict/wordnet
right?

Regards

       Andreas.