Re: intent to package Netscape Communicator

On Tue, 7 Apr 1998, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 06, 1998 at 07:09:23PM +0200, Remco Blaakmeer wrote:
> > >
> > > The unlimited distribution agreement says that the agreement will be
> > > terminated if IE is no longer free ...
> >
> > The unlimited distribution agreement talks about Netscape Communicator,
> > not Mozilla. Mozilla will remain free.
>
> Of course, but we are talking about distributing Netscape Communicator
> as a full non-free package instead of an installer package,
> and the associated problems.

Navigator/Communicator will still be non-free, as it doesn't come in source
form.  But at least the deb won't be an installer.

The nice side effect of my packaging, is that in the original tarball, you
have to download both the static and dynamic versions.  My packaging has them
split up.  Also, -java is the same between Navigator and Communicator.

Adam