Re: META: Can we please restrict the list?

On Fri, Apr 03, 1998 at 07:00:20PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 02, 1998 at 05:52:10PM -0500, Shaleh wrote:
> How far do you want to take this? We could say that all we ever see
> from person x is trash, so they don't belong here either. Bad idea.
aol, and the free email services, hotmail, juno, etc.
AOL seems to be a special case, its the single biggest source of junk on the net.
I realize there are going to be exceptions to the general moronic level of aol subscribers, but
couldn't they telnet to their accounts on master? (all real developers have these).
and as for the free email services, just ban the lot of them.
Since one needs to have real net access to upload a package, one has
no need for the ability to post from the free (hotmail, juno and friends, services).
just my 2c worth.
Aaron

> --

Aaron Howell.	Q.U.T Equity Department, Technical Support/Training.
work: a.howell@qut.edu.au	Linux/Networking Support.
home: a.howell@student.qut.edu.au	phone +61-412-956-467
www: http://www.aus-net.com/~aaron	irc: DaRkAnGeL
I love you Nessa! Now, forever, always! :)