Re: RFD : libg++/gcc/egcs upgrades needed for libc6 (READ ME)

Christian Leutloff wrote:

> I don't see a need for choosing a default compiler. It should (better
> must) be possible to use them simultaneously in our distribution. Same
> as we are supporting different kinds of emacs we should make different
> C compiler available.

Sure, we should.  But we have to prioritize.  One of these packages has to be
more equal than the others.  And since that one will be the compiler all the
users will see, as well as being the compiler which all packages will be
built with, the choice is pretty damn important.

> What should we do if an upstream author decide rely on features that
> the other compiler don't has.

If we're forced to use another compiler, we use another compiler.  But
barring that, all packages should be built with the _same_ compiler.  See
above.

--Galen