Re: lintian -- detecting hundrets of bugs within seconds...

On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, joost witteveen wrote:

> In an attempt to save the world from disaster, Juergen Menden wrote:

:-(

not the right way to keep the discussion peaceful, isn't it?

> Now I find it rather silly
> when other people say "I don't want python,

i do not. it's in fact a mater of disk space and time to maintain
the installation. this also includes phone costs to install (and
of course regularily update) the package. please take into account
that this seems to be required for all 300 of us.

i have no problem, if anyone writes any script in whatever
language (s)he desires. my concern is the requirement for all
and every developer to install yet another excellent language.

> If asked, would you volunteer re-writing the python scripts in Perl?

IIRC there was already a volunteer, so why bother.

> maybe it's better not to aks other maintainers
> to waist their time [...]

right.

if i have the choice of whether a single maintainer has to
waist it's time (and/or money) or all 300 of us, the choice is
clear, isn't it?

jjm

--
Juergen Menden