Re: i

The chris-cust package was a kind of trial balloon for some things that
I wanted changed/added. Some have made in some form  (root-prompt,
checkmirr) others did not. I have done similar things in the unstable
phase of earlier releases and removed packages shortly before a stable
release.

The problem with alias l=ls is that each user needs to put it into his
profile manually. With my 1200 users I really do not want to instruct them
separately on how to do it. And wanting full listing is rather common. I
think the "l" script should be provided as a standard or a standard alias
(as well as a standard user prompt which included current dir and current
host) should be in /etc/profile.