Re: lintian -- detecting hundrets of bugs within seconds...

On Monday, February 02, Juergen Menden wrote

> please drop python. might be a great language,
> superiour to perl in every way one can think of.
> but we all have to use perl already, it's not only
> on the base disks, it's even used in lintian!
> and i don't have the space to install another big
> language.

Please drop perl and use C. C programs don't even *need* an interpreter
taking up space on the hard drive... and even perl is written in C! :-)

We can't force developers to install lots of packages, but we can force
them to install a few. And it's not like python-base is very big:

chrish@pianocktail:[~] >dpkg -s python-base
Package: python-base
Section: interpreters
Installed-Size: 738

(It's a pretty safe bet that lintian won't make use of fancy stuff like the
python-mpz multiple-precision arithmetic library, etc.)

  Christian