Re: "rc" shell maintainer?

Tom Culliton <culliton@clark.net> writes:
>On 05 Feb 1998 05:01:30 GMT, smarry@pantransit.smar.reptiles.org wrote:
>[...]
>> and the PID that wait(2) returned is lost.  rc loops forever calling
>> wait(2) with no children, waiting for the lost PID to turn up.
>
>Shouldn't the "interrupt_happened" flag prevent this?

Unfortunately, no.  Whether it's set to TRUE or FALSE, the setjmp
block gets rerun, and the PID returned from wait(2) (or really wait4(2),
I guess) is discarded.

I should clarify that I'm not the one having the problems with glibc.
They are indeed using RedHat, not sure what version. I'm using
libc.so.5.3.12, which turns out to be out of date, but it's the same
version as on the RedHat distribution of the other system in question.