Re: another attempt to use hamm disks

On Tue, Feb 03, 1998 at 12:46:44AM -0500, Alex Yukhimets wrote:
> > I had exactly the same problems, and elected to make the hard drive
> > bootable after the floppy failed.
> >
> > I then setup my ppp connection and fired up dselect - which died whenever I
> > selected ftp on the access menu - compilation error on drive 7.
> >
> > I had to give up there because I do not know enough about dselect to be
> > playing with the perl code.
>
> Yep. I encountered that also. The reason was quite simple: base install
> lacked libnet package (needed for ftp method of dselect). I had to
> download it "manually" along with data-dumper and perl  (to satisfy
> dependencies).

OK, I will move libnet and data-dumper into base (surely we'll find a few
more cases of "package fragmentation" in the base system).

But I don't think moving perl into the base system is the right solution,
what's the point in having a perl-base package if I have to put the whole
perl in the base system? Do libnet and data-dumper work with perl-base?
Then dpkg-ftp, libnet and data-dumper should use "Depends: perl | perl-base".

	Thanks,
--
Enrique Zanardi						   ezanardi@ull.es
Dpto. Fisica Fundamental y Experimental			Univ. de La Laguna