Re: Consens for `Filename: ' in Packages file?

On Mon, Jan 26, 1998 at 12:26:28PM -0700, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
:
: On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
:
: > Hello,
: >
: > as maintaining the non-us ftp server and while trying to create an
: > alternat debian-cd script I'm wondering about a consens regarding
: > the Filename: header in the Packages file.
:
: The Filename header must refer to the path of the .deb file from the base
: of the debian archive. That is, if I say a mirror is at
: ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian then adding the contents of the filename field
: to the URL must give the location of the .deb.
:
: non-us should technically have a field like:
:
: Filename: dists/stable/non-us/binary-i386/pgp-i.deb

Ok, this creates the next question:

* What is the official place for things like non-US on a, say
``european'' CD?  What the layout of this CD?

    ./dists/stable/main/
    ./dists/stable/contrib
    ./dists/stable/non-free/
    ./dists/stable/non-US/

and what is _expected_ in the Filename: header for the non-us packages.
(Currently these packages could be found as
    ftp://nonus.debian.org/pub/debian-non-US/bo/binary-{arch}
with a filename header as
    bo/binary-i386/package.deb

... shouldn't the mirrors outside the US be setup as the above scheme
shows?  It should be relativly easy for the mirror maintainer to create
it.  (As done on my private debian mirror.)

    Heiko
--
email : heiko@lotte.sax.de heiko@debian.org heiko@sax.de
pgp   : A1 7D F6 7B 69 73 48 35  E1 DE 21 A7 A8 9A 77 92