Re: Hylafax package takeover

Hi,

 Le Sun, 1 Feb 1998 11:14:42 -0700 (MST) , Dermot John Bradley a écrit:
 «this email is not intended to start a flame war but, to say the least,
 «I'm puzzled by your recent upload of a hylafax package to ftp.debian.org.
 «Especially after I replied to your email about this in early January.
 «
 «In that email I told you that I was still working on my hylafax package
 «and hoped to upload it shortly. I realise that I still haven't done this -
 «due to me spotting a potential problem - and you may have been impatient
 «to see a package being released.

Well, maybe you replied, but i never received your email :-) ...

 «I have had a *very quick* look at your diff file and can see at least one
 «problem with it - indeed this is the same problem I spotted just before I
 «was going to upload it, namely that the hosts configuration file (and
 «couple of others) can't be placed in /etc/hylafax/ because the hfaxd
 «process does a chroot into /var/spool/hylafax and expects certain files to
 «exist relative to this directory.

You may use the bug system... You know, there is a bug system, i've
closed a hylafax bug opened since... Jun 1997.

 «I don't mean to sound angry but I do feel annoyed that you didn't bother
 «replying to my email and that (as a result of your own upload) I appear to

... but i never received your email :-) ...

 «have wasted any time I have spent working on hylafax as you didn't even
 «bother to ask for my diffs. I suppose I should just delete them now...

I'm sure that you've worked on hylafax since your first and last upload
in experimental (Apr 1997), but why have you never uploaded your work?

And please, send me your diffs. I'll be glad to use them!

 «BTW I'm not even sure how Hylafax showed up in the list of packages
 «requiring a new maintainer. I also see from that list that Mark Mickan is
 «also working on Hylafax :-)

I don't know but hylafax was in wnpp since a long time...

Cordialement,

--
       Christophe Le Bars - clb@alcove.fr - clebars@debian.org
1000110101011100101011000110101011100101010001101010111001010101000110