Re: What's Debian's /usr/src policy

On Fri, Jan 16, 1998 at 04:53:07PM -0600, srivasta@datasync.com wrote:

> 	However, an alternative is to link to
> 	/usr/src/linux-2.0.30. This link is provided by just
>  kernel-source-2.0.32 or kernel-headers-2.0.32, and *no other* kernel
>  package! So, libc6-dev depends can now provide 2.0.32 kernel headers
>  *for all architectures*, with no messy architecture dependent
>  patches, we always have fixed, static, known good headers in
>  /usr/include/{linux,asm}, and this is goodness.

	But `kernel-source-2.0.32' and `kernel-headers-2.0.32' are
`Architecture: all', so *the same headers* are used by all the archs,
without the possibility to avoid it.  However, on Sparc we use a
different set of kernel includes, which modify not only the asm-sparc/
directory, but also the linux/ one.  This was easy to fix before:
/usr/include/linux/whatever.h was inside libc6-dev_*_sparc.deb; but
now that file is inside kernel-*_all.deb.

	Do you understand my problem with this?

--
Juan Cespedes