Re: kernel headers---FAQ

Hi,
>>"James" == James R Van Zandt <jrv@vanzandt.mv.com> writes:

James> I think the user needs a little more explanation at this point.
James> Also, the kernel source tree is big enough that space may be a
James> concern.  How about this:

  [munch]

James> Checking: whether /usr/src/linux and /usr/local/src are same
James> filesystem...no size of /usr/src/linux...51 MB whether
James> /usr/local/src has enough space...yes (134 MB)

James> Should I move /usr/src/linux to /usr/local/src/linux? [Y/n] n
James> Should I rename /usr/src/linux to /usr/src/linux-MOVE-ME? [Y/n]
James> n Please remedy the situation, and then reinstall the
James> kernel-headers-2.0.32 package. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Remind him
James> which package this is.

James> Naturally, the size checks are skipped if the two directories
James> are in the same filesystem, and the option to move
James> /usr/src/linux to /usr/local/src/linux is skipped if there is
James> not enough space.

	Too complex, too much potential for an error, and the ends do
 not justify all this effort. I tell them about the problem, I make
 sure they see it. They can move/remove things on their own.

	If they can't do that, tough. I am probably doing them a
 favour. If they can't handle such a simple task, they can't handle
 building their kernel (or anything else) anyway. So, I am being my
 brothers keeper.

	manoj
--
 Genius is the talent of a man who is dead.