Re: kernel headers---FAQ

Hi,
	[I know I said I won't argue this firther, but I have to
	counteract the FUD]
>>"Avery" == Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@worldvisions.ca> writes:

Avery> Further, while it's not difficult to do, most users won't know
Avery> to do it until AFTER they've shlocked their system by unpacking
Avery> a kernel into the already-symlinked /usr/src/linux, or
Avery> converted their libc6-dev installation into an unworkable mess
Avery> due to a failed installation of kernel-headers.

	One may un-shlock one's system (whatever that means) by simply
 rm -rf /usr/src/linux and re run the config command (either in
 dslect, or as dpkg -c -a). Quite simple. The kernel-headers package
 shall configure itself with no further fuss.

	manoj
 whose mantra for the day is "/usr/src belongs to the vendor"
--
 There is, in fact, no reason to believe that any given natural
 phenomenon, however marvelous it may seem today, will remain forever