Re: crontabs + m4 = ?

On 14-Jan-1998 11:15:21, Topi Miettinen <Topi.Miettinen@ml.tele.fi> wrote:
> What I'm saying is that with equal incompatiblity and coding effort
> compared to other proposals, we could get much more functionality.

Except that causing cron to read files from /etc/cron.d is easy (much
easier than causing them all to pass through m4, because of the way
the cron code is structured), incompatible only to the extent that the
sysadmin needs to look in /etc/cron.d for additional files, and most
importantly, it's done. :-)

sg

--
Steve Greenland