Re: cron jobs more often than daily

On Wed, Jan 07, 1998 at 11:30:42PM -0800, Guy Maor wrote:

> > > Disadvantage: needs a patch for cron, to scan this directory as well as
> > > the usual user crontab directory, and to execute those cronjobs as root,
> > > not as a user.

> I like this option too.  A more general patch to cron would be an
> include mechanism:
>
> include "path/to/file"      - include a file
> include "path/to/directory" - include every file in a directory

For my feeling this would complicate things alot more than needed.
Both the user and the cron program have to take care of alot of more
stuff.  I don't see the need for this compicated mechanism as there
are only very few packages that contain scripts/programs that need
to be run more often than daily.

It doesn't make sense to split very small configuration files into
more files and directories.  This is useful for configuration files
that contain a lot of entries and where many packages use to install
services.

Regards

	Joey

 /              Whenever you meet yourself you're in a time loop /
/ http://home.pages.de/~joey/           or in front of a mirror /