Re: Re^2: dhelp 0.2 - a online help system

On 5 Jan 1998, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:

>     Marco> We could write a converter :)?
>
>  I'd rather see a unified interface for that sort of thing than a
> kludgey converter converter scheme.

Once written, doc-base will be the interface for all online
documentations. (Not only registering the manuals to menus, but also
converting between different documentation formats, compressing
documentation, etc.)

Though we definitely need some time discussing the new documentation
policy we could perhaps start working on the menu registry with doc-base
to get some experience in this area.

If someone wants to do this with me, just drop me a note. I'm just waiting
for volunteers...

Thanks,

Chris

--                 Christian Schwarz
                    schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,
Don't know Perl?     schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

Visit                  PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
http://www.perl.com     http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/