Re: debhelper design change - RFC (long)

Ben Gertzfield wrote:
> Okay. Is there any way we can possibly detect and issue a warning if
> someone tries the old behavior (when would this happen) if we go with
> #3, also?

I thought about that. I can test to see if parameters are specified and the
package being acted on is not the first binary package in debian/control and
print a big fat warning message. But, that is:

* Likely to be missed by a harried debian developer who made this mistake in
  the first place.
* Ugly to see 30 times when you're building your package. :-)

Still, better than nothing if I do go with #3..

--
see shy jo