Re: Packages difference in different slink arches (was Re: slinkcd v0.95 m68k & Alpha organization)

On Thu, Dec 31, 1998 at 11:11:04PM +1100, Martin Mitchell wrote:
<snip>
> > What's a better name for a cross-compiler package?
> > gcc-crosscompiler-m68k-linux comes to mind, but that's very long for a
> > package name. The current names are unambiguous, and already in use.
>
> That name is too long IMO.

How about gcc-cross-m68k-linux? (Still a bit long though)
gcc-m68k-linux is too ambiguous..
As would be gcc-c-m68k-linux, however, once we find a good name I don't
suppose we could standardize on the convention for all cross arch tools?
(Be in compiler or assembler or....)

Zephaniah E, Hull.