Updates on contrib and non-free for ports

  Hello,

  This is a porting related question:

  Can anyone tell me how to upload packages for ports to frozen for e.g.
  contrib or non-free, when the original (i386) version in frozen is higher
  than the port version in frozen and the control file indicates an upload to
  unstable (in i386).
  So there has been no new upload to frozen for i386, the port has symlinks
  from frozen->unstable and an upload goes to unstable.
  The result (that's my perception) is the package allways ends up in unstable
  and not in frozen, and the package is *also* rejected for:
  Old version: `xx.yy' >= new version `xx.yy'
  for the symlink in frozen.

  Can anyone fill in the blanks or correct my interpretation of the problem?

  B.

  NB: suggested options vary from bugs to ftp.debian.org and binary-only NMU
  with .0 added. What is the best thing to do?

--
B. Warmerdam                                              GNU/Debian Linux
bartw@xs4all.nl, bartw@debian.org (Keyid: 10A0FDD1)       ----------------