Re: Updates on contrib and non-free for ports

On Thu 31 Dec 1998, Bart Warmerdam wrote:

>   Can anyone tell me how to upload packages for ports to frozen for e.g.
>   contrib or non-free, when the original (i386) version in frozen is higher
>   than the port version in frozen and the control file indicates an upload to
>   unstable (in i386).

If you port a package that was uploaded to i386 before the freeze, you
need to change the changelog entry before building so that it says
"frozen unstable" instead of just "unstable". I've said this a couple of
times over on debian-alpha... If you're too late (i.e. you've already
uploaded something with only "unstable", mail the override-changes (or
something like that) address. Or ask ftp.debian.org@packages.debian.org
nicely, explaining the situation :-)

>   NB: suggested options vary from bugs to ftp.debian.org and binary-only NMU
>   with .0 added. What is the best thing to do?

Changing the version number is only useful for replacing an _existing_
version; you're not doing that, you want the existing version to be added
to frozen. So, mailing ftp.debian.org@packages.debian.org would be the
best (I don't think reporting a bug is called for in this case).

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org
http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software,   Enschede,   the Netherlands