Re: fixing up /usr/doc

Zack Brown wrote:
> But if I want to see what has interesting documentation, /usr/doc has over
> 800 entries, most of which are not documentation. What am I supposed to do?
> Read every man page and look for strings that start /usr/doc? Or maybe cd
> into each of those directories (as I've tried from time to time) hoping to
> get lucky?

find /usr/doc -type f |grep -v changelog |grep -v copyright \
	|grep -v 'README.[Dd]ebian' |less

Here are all the files in usr/doc that are not changelogs and copyrights.

Or, you could adpot a different method of snooping around - look at dpkg -l
and dpkg -s to find interesting packages. Then go to /usr/doc/<packagename>/.

--
see shy jo