static libs

Hi,

I know that everybody loves shared libs but I need to make 2 static lib
and it looks like I am doing it the wrong way :-(. I have browsed the
net and didn't find useful info of how to make these .a libs, as they
are considered obsolete. Please help me. How do a combine a bunch of .o
libs in a library ? What about the case when these .o libs deppend on
other .a library ?

I have to combine xxx1.o xx2.o xxx3.o in xxx.a and yyy1.o yyy2 and yyy3
in yyy.a. The yyy1.o, yyy2.o, yyy3.o objects have dependencies in
xxx1.o, xxx2.o and xxx3.o. For the moment I use:

ar cqs xxx.a xxx1.o xxx2.o xxx3.o
ar cqs yyy.a yyy1.o yyy2.o yyy3.o

The proble is that sometime, when linking witht these .a libs, I get
unresolved symbols for some of the functions from xxx.a call by
functions from yyy.a. And this is only sometime, aka for some of my
programs (strange) and even that i link with both xxx.a and yyy.a (also
strange, at least for me).

So please help me.

TIA,

Ionutz