Re: Release-critical Bugreport for December 19, 1998

Jim Pick wrote:

> If we aren't going to put these through the QA process, then we should
> evict non-free entirely from the dists/ portion of the ftp site.  I
> personally feel that non-free is a valuable service to the users of
> Debian, so I would be sad to see it go.  Some would differ with me on
> that point.

Although I've been arguing for GPL'd libraries and for not using
non-free software in another thread, I'd like to say that I agree
strongly with Jim on this point.  People who still find non-free
software useful should be able to find *reliable* non-free software from
Debian if we're going to offer it at all.