[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Linux 2.0.36 in slink?

Oscar Levi <elf@buici.com> wrote:
>We don't have guidelines for release that we can use to decide if this
>is important or not.  In your opinion, is it worth a three-week delay
>to switch kernels?  I am not saying it would take that long.  I am
>saying that a change like the kernel deserves extensive testing which
>we are not now doing.  I'd rather ship a kernel with alleged security
>holes than a broken distribution.

Do you really think we can get slink out the door in 3 weeks?
Robert Woodcock - rcw@debian.org
"Unix and C are the ultimate computer viruses" -- Richard Gabriel

Reply to: