Re: isdnutils and 2.0.36 (was: Linux 2.0.36 in slink?)

Oscar Levi writes:
 > On Tue, Dec 15, 1998 at 05:41:28PM +0100, Paul Slootman wrote:
 > > If 2.0.36 goes in (which I would like to see personally, as that supports
 > > *MUCH* more ISDN hardware, has bugs removed, is certified, etc.), I think
 > > I'd prefer to see the potato version of isdnutils put into slink.
 > > That's been tested more by now than a patched slink-update version would
 > > be...
 >
 > It is unwise to change the kernel just before we ship.  I support
 > making it optional for the minority of people who use ISDN adaptors.
 > It would be tragic if we upgraded the kernel and broke packages.

sorry, but that seems to be an US centric view of things. This
"minority" in Europe isn't such a minority at least in Germany and The
Netherlands. I don't mind to have an isdnutils with autodial off by
default in slink if it doesn't break things. Further the aic7xxx
support is included in 2.0.36 (although it's patched in our 2.0.35
kernel as well, 5.1.6 beeing the latest version).