Re: Linux 2.0.36 in slink?

On Mon, Dec 14, 1998 at 11:27:17AM -0800, Ben Gertzfield wrote:
>     Enrique> So, what's worse? Shipping a kernel with known security
>     Enrique> holes, or moving isdnutils into slink this late in the
>     Enrique> freeze?
> Obviously, the security holes are what's important to fix.
> Just move the new isdnutils into slink. Problem solved. :)

Probably, but maybe not.  If we put 2.0.36 into slink as an alternative,
could we organize an informal texting group to pound on it a bit and see
what cracks?  If the results are that it doesn't crack too much, then
perhaps we could/should install the potato package into slink and make it
the default kernel, providing the old possibly if someone needs it?

Would this be a reasonable solution?

"Shall we play a game?"  -- WOPR